Adams is Winter in the Berkshires
Adams, Massachusetts is a perfect destination for winter recreation in the Berkshires. If you're an active person that likes to get outdoors in spectacular scenery, then Adams should be on your radar screen.
Mount Greylock is the tallest mountain not only in Massachusetts, but in all of southern New England. Mount Greylock's thousands of acres of preservation land offer miles and miles of trails for hiking, snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, telemark skiing, snowboarding and even snowmobiling. Our Thunderbolt Ski Run is a historic backcountry ski trail down the precipitous east face of Mount Greylock. This Class A Expert Trail was originally cut by the Civilian Conservation Corp in the 1930s. Over the years, it has attracted world-class skiers to compete in the annual Thunderbolt Ski Run. In recent years, Adams has hosted ThunderFest, a free downtown festival after the annual ski race. More information about the Thunderbolt Ski Run and ThunderFest can be found here.
Here's a short list of things to do in Adams in the winter:
- Snowshoeing at Greylock Glen
- Cross-country skiing at Greylock Glen
- Snowboarding and Nordic Skiing
- Snowmobile to the summit of the highest mountain in Massachusetts
- Compete in or watch the Thunderbolt Ski Run
- Enjoy live music, local food and beer at ThunderFest
- Photograph some of the best scenery in the Berkshires
- Enjoy a warm meal and a craft beer at one of our many restaurants
- Visit the Thunderbolt Ski Museum